The MVJ Center of Excellence in Robotics and Automation was inaugurated by Chief Guest Padma Shri Dr P S Goel, Former Director of Indian Space Research Organization. He interacted with the students and faculty members by sharing some of his experiences in serving the nation. He further stated that, the students should utilize the model of learning where in teachers will do less of teaching and students learn more. He also emphasized that institutes should provide the environment and space for innovation where students being dynamic, highly networked, ambitious and comfortable in adopting new technologies can make wonders happen if opportunities are provided to them.
Industry Expert, Mr. Vasanthakumar Narayan(General Manager,Bosch) illustrated about Robolab, where projects are being developed by a group of people who research and develop a project primarily for the sake of radical innovation. He advised students to realize their potential and break barriers in order to innovate and explore. He spoke about developed countries like Germany, Japan and USA which provide more leverage for innovative thinking. He concluded by saying that solutions can be provided to problems through innovative products, services and processes. The value that Robolab is giving to the institutions is commendable.
We felt honored when the Chief Guest himself said to us that even ISRO would be willing to have a facility like this.
30 students were involved in the extensive training along with some faculties. During the training, trainees worked on Robolab’s Hex crawler, Mobilo, Omibo, MARSian, JCBian and many more advanced technologies.The response that we got was incredible and are also proud to be associated with one of the best engineering colleges in Karnataka.
Mrs. Arshiya Sultana, Assitant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mr. Jeeva B ,Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mrs. Varsha P ,Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Robolab Students Achievements:
- Robolab Students have participated and have won prizes in various competitions adding feathers to the crown of their college. Here is a glance of their achievement in various genres. To start with SYED AATIF AHMED and MUHAMMAD HAMEEM SAFWAT HUSSAIN from sixth semester have participated and have won second prize in ROBOSOCCER and have won third prize in ROBOWAR event held as a part ofINTECHO’17 in MIT,ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI.
- SYED AATIF AHMED and MUHAMMAD HAMEEM SAFWAT HUSSAIN from sixth-semester have also participated and have won third prize in ROBOWAR
- Adding up to the list of their victory SYED AATIF AHMED and MUHAMMAD HAMEEM SAFWAT HUSSAIN from sixth semester have won third prize in ROBOWARS event held as a part of ELAN AND NVISION 2017 at IIT HYDERABAD
- In an another event named LINE FOLLOWER held at NMIT, Bangalore DERRYL OSWALD TAURO , SANJAY V , R.YESHWANTH, DEEPAK KAMBLE from sixth semester have participated and have won second prize
- The winners list continues with GAUTHAM RAJU ,RAVI VASHATKAR from eighth semester having won third place in SEARCH AND RESCUE EVENT that was hosted as a part of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE OPEN DAY 2017.
- Last but not the least, GAUTHAM RAJU , RAVI VASHATKAR,M HARIHARAN from eighth semester and SOUJANYA S ANGADI from sixth semester have participated in the event titled FULL THROTTLE held at NMIT, Bangalore and they have bagged the FIRST place in the same.
- MUHAMMAD HAMEEM SAFWAT HUSSAIN’s idea of Healthcare Monitoring Systems for Aircrafts using IoT was shortlisted
We congratulate all the winners who have set an example for all the students and wish that their glory reaches the top.
Panorama View of Robolab
(Hold and Drag the image left,right,up or down direction with mouse-click to view complete Robolab)