The Arduino engineering kit is the ideal solution for University students, providing state-of-the-art, hands-on incorporation of Arduino technology in an educational setting.
The kit is primarily for three types of users:
- Students learning about Engineering at a University or at a vocational school (e.g., Introductory Engineering, Controls, Mechatronics courses)
- Professors teaching engineering who also want practical resources to demonstrate engineering concepts
- Makers with an interest or background in engineering, either professionally or as a hobby.
In addition to the state-of-the-art, high quality, open-source hardware provided, after registering online, students will have access to a dedicated e-learning platform and other learning materials. Additionally, they are granted a one-year individual license for MATLAB and Simulink. This provides them with hands-on experience in system modeling and embedded algorithm development.
Learning objectives include, but are not limited to the following:
- Connect MATLAB and Simulink to the Arduino MKR1000 and read/write data from connected sensors and actuators
- Analyze and visualize data from Arduino
- Model and simulate behavior of dynamic systems in Simulink
- Tune and optimize Simulink model parameters as the application is running on Arduino