Atal Tinkering Lab
MES Bal Shikshan Mandir English Medium School, Pune.Established on 4th December 2017
ATAL TINKERING LAB at MES Bal Shikshan Mandir, Pune is inaugurated by Shri Prakash Javadekar Ji, Human Resource Development Minister of India, MES management Air Marshal Bhushan Gokhale (Retd.), President, Dr. Yashwant Waghmare, Shri. Rajeev R. Sahasrabuddhe, Shri. Sanjay H. Inamdar, Mrs. Geetanjali Bodhankar, Principal, in presence of the august gathering of students and their parents.
The school is truly making all sincere efforts to create innovators for a skilled India. All students from Class VI-XII will benefit from the lab. This will surely support young talent to shape their curiosity, creativity, adaptive learning and physical computing to understand the basic concept of the STEM along with the hands-on experiments with the help of various tool and equipment required.
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), the government of India’s flagship programme to promote innovation and entrepreneurship nationwide in schools, universities, and industry has selected 2,441 schools across India to establish ATLs.
ATLs are innovation play workspaces for students between Std VI to XII, stimulating innovations combining science and technology. These open-ended innovation workspaces equipped with state of the art technologies like 3D printers, robotics, sensor technology kits, Internet of things, miniaturized electronics etc enable the students to learn and solve local community problems using emerging technologies. Students are encouraged to explore and experience design thinking and innovation, using a do-it-yourself approach and develop innovative solutions to India’s social, community or economic problems.
Many students who have benefited the facilities of ATLs have started developing prototype solutions and creative projects such as better irrigation management, waste management and sensor-based solutions using robotics in their labs.
Some of the activities conducted under ATL
- Training on Introduction to Robotics
- Training on What is Tinkering?
- Idea Bank Discussion (Design Thinking and Ideation)
- Training on Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Training on Rapid Prototyping (3D printing)
- Digital Literacy
- Sharing Inspirational Real Life Experiences
- Programs to teach and explain students about different concepts – ranging from ideation, design, prototyping, networking to physical computing.
- Workshops on problem-solving, designing and fabrication of products.
- Interactions with relevant stakeholders including industry, academia, and students from other schools and colleges and universities.
- Screening of films and organizing popular STEM and entrepreneurship talks by reputed speakers.
- Best from Waste Initiative