Electronics Tutorial #1 – Electricity – Voltage, Current, Power, AC and DCBy Robolab Technologies In Mechatronics
This tutorial covers the following:
* Some history about electricity / central power stations / electrification.
* Science of electron flow in a conductor / wire
* I use fluid dynamics in a pipe to explain voltage (pressure), current in Amps (flow) and consumption in Amp hours (rate of flow).
* We look at AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current) on the UNI-T UT81B scopemeter
* We look at how voltage / pressure is required to charge a 12 volt battery
* What is electricity? / How does electricity work?