Guidelines for setting up of Tinkering Laboratories under Atal Innovation Mission – ‘Atal Tinkering Laboratories’Category : More Info
1. Applications will be solicited from eligible schools to establish ATL.
2. The eligibility criteria for schools are: Criteria Parameters Infrastructure
• All weather area (1,500 sq. ft.)
• All weather area (1,000 sq. ft.) in hilly and island states, UTs
• Functional computer with internet facility • Electricity connection Faculty
• Dedicated & qualified staff : Maths & Sciences Reach
• Enrolment – Min. 200 students in Grade VI – X
• Regular attendance of 75% & above of the staff & enrolled students over the past 3 years
3. The parameters to be used for screening of schools are:
Criteria Parameters Performance of Students
• % of students scoring 70 – 80% in Grade X & XII board exams in previous 3 years
• % of students scoring 80 – 90% in Grade X & XII board exams previous 3 years
• % of students scoring 90% and above in Grade X & XII board exams in previous 3 years
• Participation of school in science-related activities at district, state and national level Reach
• Total enrolment of students in Grade VI – XII Implementation Plan
• Activity plan
• Linkages to mentors
• Plan to tap private sector / CSR funding for sustaining operations & funding ATL
• Difference ATL would bring to learning process for children
4. Selection Process Time lines: Invite Applications Screening Final Selection: Contest Round I 3 Weeks 2 Week 3 Weeks Round II
ANNEX III FORMAT OF APPLICATION FORM FOR SETTING UP OF ATAL TINKERING LABORATORIES (ATL)
1. Name of school
2. Type of school
3. Maximum education grade offered
4. Type of funding
5. Address of school
8. Board of affiliation: (ICSE, CBSE, SSC etc.)
9. Whether dedicated area for ATL is greater than or equal to 1,500 sq. ft.
10. Number of students from Grade VI – XII:
11. Is the attendance of staff and enrolled students above 75% for the past three years
12. Percentage of students (Grade X & XII) obtaining the following scores in board exams in the previous 3 years : 2013 – 14 2014 – 15 2015 – 16 70-80% : ____ ____ ____ 80-90% : ____ ____ ____ 90-100% : ____ ____ ____
14. Other facilities available
15. How will you encourage innovation after establishment of ATL in your school?
(500 Words) (Your action plan should include details on activities planned, utilisation plan of 13. Other parameters Yes No Steady electricity connection, Minimum one functional computer with internet connection, Gathering capacity of more than 30 students at any point, Dedicated staff for: a) Mathematics b) Science, Round II 2 Weeks the lab, linkages to mentors and plan to tap funding from other sources. Also, elaborate on the qualifications and the involvement of the Principal and faculty-in-charge in innovation related activities)
16. Is your school involved in any kind of science and technology related activities?
Elaborate. Do you have any notable alumni in the field? [National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTS), National Science Olympiad (NSO), Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) etc.] (200 Words)
17. Any other relevant information?
For more info visit following link: