By Robolab Technologies In Arduino, Robolab Softwares Guidelines
Hello everyone, just a quick update.
I was in the same situation, Win 7 64-bit 8Gb RAM, Arduino IDE 1.6.1 won’t start.
- I opened up the commands prompt (launch cmd.exe from Start button)
- I typed cd c:\program files (x86)\arduino then launched arduino_debug.exe
- I checked that the error was the VM’s reservation space
- I opened the two files arduino.l4j.ini and arduino_debug.l4j.ini with Notepad (Run it as Admin!!)
- I edited both files changing -Xmx1024M to -Xmx512M
- Saved and rerun Arduino IDE, everything fine!