Team Aqua from Army Institute of Technology, Pune has been awarded with Platinum Award at KPIT Sparkle 2019 at PCCOE, PuneBy Robolab Technologies In Robotics
It gives us immense pleasure to share with you that Team Aqua from Army Institute of Technology, Pune has been awarded with Platinum Award at KPIT Sparkle 2019 at PCCOE, Pune.
The theme for the 2019 edition was “Energy and Mobility for the Future.” It sought futuristic solutions, based on cutting-edge technologies, to solve problems in areas, such as renewable energy generation, energy storage, energy utilisation and clean, safe, shared, connected, and secure mobility.
KPIT Sparkle 2019 received more than 2000 ideas from around 22,000 students across more than 1,100 colleges in India. The Top 30 teams presented working prototypes of their solutions at the grand finale held on 23rd and 24th February 2019 at the Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering (PCCOE).
- Team Aqua from Army Institute of Technology, Pune, won the platinum award of Rs. 10,00,000 for developing a vertical axis water turbine (VAWT), which is 24% more efficient than a conventional system. The turbine can be used for both small and large-scale energy production and in all flow conditions.
- Two teams won the silver prizes of Rs. 2,50,000 each for the following ideas:
- Team Gravity from Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai, for designing a scalable plant-based microbial fuel cell technology. The solution has the capacity to generate electricity and eliminate dependence on climate for renewable energy production.
- Team AutoTrac from College of Engineering, Indore, for designing a driverless tractor, which saves labour cost, time and manual labour.
- Team Drivetrain from Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering, Pune, won the Most Popular Award for designing a novel transmission system (single stage gearbox) to increase the load carrying capacity and gradability of existing e-vehicles. The team garnered online votes in excess of 11,000 for their project. They won a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh.
KPIT Sparkle 2019: https://sparkle.kpit.com/